Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Happy October/Doctor Who


It's October! 
This is my one of my favorite times of the year for three reasons:
  1. My birthday! (The day before Halloween)
  2. Halloween: Adults still get to dress up!
  3. The day after Halloween marks the beginning of the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years season and Christmas music is right around the corner!



So, in celebration of Halloween, I wanted to carve pumpkins, like I do every year. THEN, my roommate and fiancé say they've never carved pumpkins before. Never. Naturally, I made them, and made fun of their "deprived childhood" the whole time.

They enjoyed it. My roommate made the B.A.B., and my fiancé made the face.

I, of course, had to get more creative and fan-based, so I made the TARDIS shooting through time and space. It turned out pretty good for a free hand design and a rotted pumpkin. (I waited a little too long to pick some up.)

Speaking of the TARDIS, the 50th anniversary
special is coming up next month! I heard they're showing in in theatres in Europe. THEN I heard that they were doing it in America, but only the big cities. BUT one of my fellow newscast workers alerted me that they WILL be showing it in OKC at my favorite movie theater! It'll be a few days after the big premiere, but that's okay since I normally have to wait a few days to see the new episodes later. I'm thrilled. Doctor Who night out!

I'll take lots of pictures. Hopefully people dress up...

Happy October!

~Tonico

No comments:

Post a Comment