Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Walkers



Alright. I avoided it as long as possible. I couldn't hold out.

I'm addicted to the Walking Dead.

Everyone who works at the optometrist office that I work at watches this show. They talked about it constantly. Honestly, I got sick of having all those conversations going over my head, so my roommate and I decided to start the show on Netflix...

It took us maybe two weeks to watch everything on Netflix, and considering we both go to school full-time, work almost full time at the office, and I have a job at the newscast on campus, this is quite a feat!

I'm now waiting a week to watch new episodes on Sunday like everyone else.
Netflix spoils you. You don't have to wait between episodes...it's just "Play Next Episode."

Anywho. Spoilers.

We're now waiting for Daryl, Michonne, Ty, and that alcoholic guy to return to the jail with the meds
from the vet college, and for Rick to return with the food and stuff from that neighborhood. No Carol since Rick exiled her for killing Ty's GF and that other guy like Simba and Pride Rock did to Kovu in Lion King 2.

Now, I haven't read the graphic novels, but I know the television show has taken certain artistic liberties with characters and events. It makes me wonder if the comic is the reason for Carol going loco. I thought her character was whiny and annoying, and that surely she was be killed off or receed into the background once they "found" Sophia. But no. She went crazy.

AND I think that little girl in Carol was molding to be able to take care of herself is CRAZY. Her little sister even said she ain't right in the head. Carol sent her into a cell with a knife, with a bunch of sick people that are more than likely going to die. How do we know she won't do like Carol and kill people before they die from the sickness?

Then there's Glen. Glen, my dear. He's been getting a tad on my nerves since the Governor went crazy on Maggie, but I still love him and he CAN NOT die.

But Daryl is my favorite. You know, I had a feeling when his character returned from hunting to fin out that is crazy brother was handcuffed to a rooftop in a zombie infested Atlanta that I would like him. Not that I liked him at the time, it took a while, but I had a feeling. You can kill Rick, Carol, Sasha, Ty, CARL, even Judith, but leave Daryl be!

And, I'm now counting down the days to Sunday like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment