Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Move On

I've got a bone to pick with a couple of my television shows:
They're not moving.
The story doesn't seem to really be going anywhere. It's just a lot of side story lines.


That's right, How I Met Your Mother. I'm talking to you.

Now, I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but this season has been within TWO DAYS. That's not an exaggeration. It's still the weekend of Barney and Robin's wedding, but each episode has only been a few hours later past the las episode. Nothing is happening. Nothing is moving the over arching story-line. At first it was no biggie. It was entertaining. Now, I'm just tired of waiting. That's why I haven't thrown a fit to see the last one yet.

And then there's Once Upon a Time, which hasn't been as bad, but...
They're still on the island. They're still looking for Henry. They're still fighting among themselves.

The character's have moved on a bit.
I mean, they did find Neal/Bae. He wasn't dead, yay. Hook and Neal are now in a heated love triangle with Emma, and they're not hiding it. David got a fatal poison, then Hook helped him cure it, now he can never leave the island. Regina left the Charmings for Rumple to find Henry. Ariel's giving us some insight into Storybrook...

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it. I just don't want the whole season to be about getting Henry back. There's no movement. We want Storybrook! I miss the Enchanted Forest, too.


Come on, shows. I love you for a reason. Give me some movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment